RE: SMTP ETRN/TURN Question...

  • From: "Ross McPhaden" <Ross.McPhaden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:07:54 +0100

I assume you have you smtp connector delivering mail by dns rather than a
smarthost.  Are you running any firewall software and do you have 2 nics in
your server.  If you have a nat router or are running nat on Win2k you set
you smtp connector listener to listen on the internal interface and do port
translation from external to internal on port 25.  Also is the MX record for
you domain set to the external NIC's IP address.

Try and telnet to your domain name i.e

Run telnet, type open mydomain.com 25.  You should get a reply from YOUR
server.

Hope this may help.

Ross