SMTP CONNECTOR

  • From: "rolamohammed" <rolamohammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:25:37 +0600

DEAR MY READER,

I HAVE A VERY DEEP QUESTION, & I WANT TO ASK YOU GUYS REGARDING IT.

in order to answer my question, please read first ( A- Introduction to what
i Know .) .

ITS ABOUT THE SMTP CONNECTOR.

My Senario start with :-

A- Introduction to what i Know .
B- My senario & My Quetion on this senario.

A- Introduction to what i Know .
===================================

The SMTP connectors basically simply tell that SMTP engine how to route mail
to out side or to internal mail server or where ever its need to go .

Or, i can do the following with using SMTP Connector:-

1- For example, if i have 2 groups of users as the following:-

Group A-------- Need to have the ability to send / Receive Internet mail.
Group B-------- Need to have the ability only to send / receive ( INTERNAL )
NOT ( INTERNET ) MAil.

so to do that, i will create 2 Smiple SMTP Connectors , as the following:

A- First One, will only allow to realy to OUTSIDE - EXTERNAL DNS- to group
of users only.

B- The Second one, will only allow to relay INTERNAL NOT EXTERNAL to
INTERNAL SERVER only to a group of users.

i think Now, i am clear is that correct ?

My question is, if i have 2 SMTP DOMAIN as the following :-

XYZ.COM & ABC.NET .

Now, can i create 2 SMTP Connector, and each one responsible about Specific
Company .

For example, this is the configuration of SMTP Connector No 1:-

Name: SMTP 1
Staus: Deliver the E-mails to the Smarthost of ISP.
Address Space : xyz.com

so this SMTP is responsible about sending all the messages which come from
this Domain ( XYZ.COM ) , to this Smarthost.

My Question is:-

1- Is that correct ?
2- I have to make 2 RUP & Each one is responsible to give each  SMTP Address
for specific users according to the condition which i put - on company name -
.

so i am correct , or i need to do an extra things ?