RE: SMTP Authentication problem

  • From: "Waseem Mustafa" <waseem80@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:40:42 -0500

Raj,

Thank you so much ..
I can't believe I missed that setting!!! I'm so sorry.

-But let me ask you, What are the steps and the requirement to secure
and encrypt all out going emails that leave through that SMTP server. Is
it possible to do that?
Maybe some sort of certification services (SSL)?! Or maybe PGP? How is
that enabled on the IIS5 SMTP services?!

-What should I do to secure and encrypt the authentication information
(Username & Password) instead of using basic authentication? If I
disable basic authentication, Outlook at the user end don't send emails
any more!!?? What's the solution?!

-and also, in the authentication setting that you pointed to me, what
exactly is Windows Security Package (the last option)? What do it do and
when does it get used?

Thanks a lot

Waseem