• From: "Morriz" <>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:47:43 -0700

The question is why do you want to change to another port?   If you want
your firewall to receive messages to port 25 and then forward them to
exchange on a different port.  Yes it can be done, check the knowledgebase
for "IMS SMTP Port".  You will also have to have your Firewall translate
from the other port to port 25 when you send outbound mail as well.

Well joe!
The answer is because i thought that it migt work for me on another port.
Because i have problem connecting to port 25,and i dont know why, it seems
that i can send mails throu internet, but i cant recive mails. I have
tryied to test connect via telnet, and i only get errors that it cant
connect. I have portforward on my router/firewall to my mailserver on the
localnetwork, and it still wont work. I have gone throu almost every
details in exchange to see if i have missed something, but all seems to be
in place. Policies, SMTP , Ipadress ,FQDN, Mxrecord ect.
But i still cant recive, only send.

What more can i try?

Thanks for the help anyway