RE: SMSMSE 4.5 Dashboard (Web Interface) shows ASP errors

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:12:40 -0400

Yes...get rid of it

From: Stephan Barr [mailto:bdtsb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 10:37 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] SMSMSE 4.5 Dashboard (Web Interface) shows ASP

Windows 2000 AS sp4; Exchange 2000 Version 6 (Build 6249.4 SP3) Symantec
Mail Security V It's a DC

In all three frames the error message is:

Server object error 'ASP" 0177"8007007e" Server.CreateObject Failed

/tree.asp.line 30

The web interface works perfectly immediately after installation but
after a reboot the above occurs.  So I reinstalled and haven't rebooted
so it's working now.

Even when the web interface is unavailable MSE appears to be working via
System and Event log entries and email messages to the admin.

I've been on the phone with Symantec for several hours with no success
after reregistering DLLs, XML and Script Hosting updates and such.
I'll be zipping up and sending Symantec the configuration but suspected
you guys might have an opinion.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library:

or used by any person other than the recipient named above.

unlawful. Optimum IT Solutions Ltd disclaims any liability for any action taken
in connection of this E-Mail. The comments or statements expressed in this
E-Mail are not necessarily those of Optimum IT Solutions Ltd or its
subsidiaries or affiliates.