SMSMSE 4.5 Dashboard (Web Interface) shows ASP errors

  • From: "Stephan Barr" <bdtsb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:37:14 -0600

Windows 2000 AS sp4; Exchange 2000 Version 6 (Build 6249.4 SP3) Symantec
Mail Security V 4.5.4.743. It's a DC

In all three frames the error message is:

Server object error 'ASP" 0177"8007007e" Server.CreateObject Failed

/tree.asp.line 30

8007007e

The web interface works perfectly immediately after installation but
after a reboot the above occurs.  So I reinstalled and haven't rebooted
so it's working now.

Even when the web interface is unavailable MSE appears to be working via
System and Event log entries and email messages to the admin.

I've been on the phone with Symantec for several hours with no success
after reregistering DLLs, XML and Script Hosting updates and such.
I'll be zipping up and sending Symantec the configuration but suspected
you guys might have an opinion.