RE: SMS virus

  • From: "it" <it@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:28:17 +0100

Andrea
From what I understand (and it's not much, I was hoping someone here can
help), there is an SMS "bomber" designed to crash mobile phone with a
flood of info. Exactly how it gets into a users mailbox I've yet to
track down. I'm assuming the users e-mail address is in an address book
somewhere on an e-mail capable mobile phone but I could be wrong. All
the info I can find is in German on dodgy warez sites, so perhaps it's
restricted to Europe?
4 of my users (that have told me) have now had it. It's not a virus for
a PC merely a lot of small e-mails (700 or more from hackerxx). I've
also had a couple of users with 60 ~ 70 kb e-mails from hackerxx filled
only with the text xxxhacker (or xxxhacher)
I may be wrong about the SMS but it is not enough info to flood a
mailbox merely annoying and easy to filter out.
Does anyone have any experience? I profess to have absolutely no SMS
knowledge.
Regards
George