[ExchangeList] SBS2008 disable exchange, enable SMTP?

  • From: "Charlie Kaiser" <charliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:30:25 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Single SBS2008 server
environment. We recently migrated the client's mail to
intermedia for a few reasons, including the performance hit of having
exchange running on the server along with the other LOB apps.
We want to be able to send SMTP email notifications (for example, backup
exec) without firing up all the exchange services. Is this possible? SMTP is
running, but messages are not going out. I haven't done a lot of digging
yet; wanted to see if it's even worth pursuing without spending a bunch of
their money...

Thanks.

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: