SBS2003 Question

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:32:18 -0400

I have a new client who recently bought a company that went under and
the owner had his IT company sell him a IBM enterprise server with SBS
2003 Server. I have seen in the past a few messages in this form that
it's a no-no to install Exchange on the system drive which I clearly
agree, however since SBS is a different breed on it's own I wonder if
the same rule applies?

Also the guys who install SBS 2003 have their MCSE's and so far I have
to say from what I have examined they have a don't a less than half ass
job with configuring the server.

The server has 1 137GB partition with everything installed on it, except
for ISA 2004 server, and has no antivirus, or email
antivirus/anti-spyware on it. (sigh...smirk)

Andrew