[ExchangeList] Re: SAN - Disk Erro

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:48:31 -0800

What error appears in your logs? Is it a 1034? Without all the details it is
difficult at best to point you in the right direction. This sounds like you
have a disk signature corruption issue, or a loss of Fiber Channel link ( Or
are you using ISCSI ).I would suggest verifying the signatures in the registry

I had Exchange 2000 clustered on a HP MSA 500 San and last I checked it's been
working for six years at Slumdunk Networks ( I only implemented it ), at Intel
I only had SQL database clusters attached to Brocade 3900 switch's using HP
Secure Path to an HP EVA 5000 & 8000 and I only had 1 server with similar
issue's and it was disk signature corruption and another that had older drivers
and firmware on an Emulex HBA running on Windows 2000 server clustered that
would also loose connectivity to the HP EMA 12000 SAN, however rebooting it
generally fixed the problem ( I would have updated the firmware and version of
secure path, however  an the SAN controller firmware was so old that upgrade
required down time for the sever connected and Intel's management would not
approve the down time ).

I also had several 2003 servers that were up almost a year, with out such
issue's so I think that it was 2000 server related. ( There is a patch for
Windows 2000 server for disk signature corruption with third party
multi-pathing software )

Take a look at these articles they should help.

Jose Medeiros