Running one exchange 2003 server in a parant domain to service 2 child domains.

  • From: huw jenkins <huw_jenkins2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:23:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there,

I'm new to the list so please forgive any breached in
netequet ;-)

I'm trying to set up the following:

We are setting up infrastructure for 2 new businesses.
They are owned by the same parent company (company X).
The two companies (company A and company B) have their
own resources but they also have shared resources. The
two companies have support staff but will be treated
as a pool of staff, thus all administrators will need
to be able to access both child companies domains.

So, we have the following domain structure. Company X
is the parent domain. This has a file server and an
email server, plus a PDC for that domain. These
resources are shared. Company A and B are child
domains of company X. I need to set exchange up in
Domain X to route mail to users in domain A and B.

At this point I'm unsure of exactly how to do this. If
anyone has any hints (or indeed howto's ;-) then
please enlighten me ;-) I also need to understand how
to best administrate all users, across both domains