Routing when a contact is rehomed. what happens?

  • From: "Greg Herzog" <glherzog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:21:05 -0500

ok so here is the issue.  We are consolidating sites.  We have all our legacy
contacts (about 25,000) homed in site A and I am going to use the object rehome
tool to move them to site B.  As of now, contacts that I've tested this on
still resolve fine. (these are local contacts stored in outlook) but obviously
the locals still show "Site A" in the address book.  All contacts in the GAL
show site B since the rehome.

My question is this, is this only working because Site A still exists? When I
remove that site for good, will all users' local contacts and any distribution
lists with those contacts cease to function?

Greg

Hopefully someone has done this already and knows because I can't think of a
good way to test.