RE: Routing internal e-mail

  • From: "Mark Arnold" <mark@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:01:30 +0100

The client is on SBS so you're options are slightly more limited.
If the client only wants to use Exchange for Calendaring etc. how about
this..
1. Create custom recipients (of type SMTP or Internet) on the server for
all the users Internet addresses.
2. Set forwarders (Mailbox Properties > Delivery Options) on each
mailbox to forward mail to the custom recipient.
3. Grant "Send As" rights on the custom recipients (blue globe icon) to
the relevant user.
4. Configure the Internet Mail Service to send all mails to the ISP's
relay.

That will ensure that a message from desk A sent to desk B will not show
up in the users inbox but will go to the Internet address.

You will still have the problem whereby a user choosing to send an email
from their office Outlook to an Internet user will need to remember to
put their custom recipient address in the "From" field, otherwise the
mail will look like it's come from the internal address, which is
probably not a registered address.