Routing internal e-mail

  • From: mbowman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:32:45 -0400

Hello,

First off, I'm not a MS Exchange tech or admin but have had to step in on
a few occassions where clients don't have the expertise to
resolve problems. This particular one I am having trouble with:---

Environment

Windows NT 4 w/ SP 6a
Small Business Ed. v 4.5
MS Exchange 5.5 w/ SP2

Objective:

Client wants web access to their e-mail but does not want to use Exchange.
They only want to use exchange for shared calendar access.

Problem:

Internal e-mail is still handled by the Exchange Server.

Investigations:

Changing addresses in the Global Address Book doesn't help. I read up on
the help and other documentation and apparently
you can reroute e-mail via the GWART settings under Sites ?  Or is there
another location where we can adjust the routing of internal mail?

Help!

Thanks

Matthew K Bowman
Sys Admin