Routing Deltas

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:08:47 -0000

All
    Would appreciate some input.

We have problems on a regular basis with slow network links. Even though
the Routing engine is turned off the servers at the end of wet pieces of
string continue to get routing updates.
These are smtp over port 25 deltas. They literally say that the
connection is up or down. Since they send out to all in the same routing
group then the amount of traffic is more than enough to swamp the poor
link. What I need to do is to limit the amount of deltas that are sent
out. I want to say deltas can go out every 20 mins say. Does anyone know
how I might achieve this?

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 435 8709 Fax: +44 161 933 3502 Other Tel: +44 7932 625510
Email: Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com <http://www.shell.com/>