Re: Rewrite Header - exchange 2003

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:59:00 -0500

On 11/28/05, Fabrice <emouchet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to rewrite headers for all mails from my organisation to
> Internet and hide sensitive informations as the name of my local server or
> my local domain name.
>
> For example :

> Subject: fabrice
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:23:13 +0100
> ***** We can see the name of the exchange Server and the AD Domain Name and
> Not the Internet DOmain !

By removing the Message-ID header, you are not going to improve your
security posture by a significant amount.  In fact, you may break
stuff that utilizes that header.  However, if you to accomplish your
goal, you can install Postfix on a server and set it up as your mail
gateway/firewall.  Once setup, you can use header_checks to filter
various lines.  Be careful, though.

...D