[ExchangeList] Re: Reverse DNS Look-up and Mail

  • From: Jason Sherry <Jason.Sherry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:10:03 -0700

Here’s an article I wrote on this topic: http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/JasonSherry/sherry_c20p1.asp.  It goes into why it is important to setup rDNS, how things work, and how to configure Exchange 2003 and Windows DNS correctly.

But I agree with the others, and HIGHLY recommend getting rDNS setup correctly.  It’s near the top of my list of settings to check when I goto into a new environment.

Jason Sherry
Messaging Architect, MCSE: M, Microsoft MVP