Restricting Users from Sending and / or Receiving Mail via the Internet

  • From: "James Brigden" <james.brigden@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:31:48 -0600

I have implemented the procedure as described by Mark Furgatt in Article
MF009. However, although the configuration works fine for use with MS
Outlook as the client, it breaks WebMail. Once set-up, webmail users find
themselves receiving a 401 Authorization Failure message from OWA. This
occurs until a valid SMTP address is restored for any of the users
affected by the No Internet Mail Recipient Policy (which supplies member
users with a fake domain name preventing Internet email from being
received. Has this issue arisen before, and if it has - is there a
workaround or solution? Our OWA se-tp is default from original install of
Exchange 2000. It is running SP3.