Restoring select Public Folder items

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:04:43 -0700

Exch2k Enterprise SP3

We recently migrated to a new Exchange server and demoted the old one. I
didn't know how to do Public Folder replication (plus our old server had
some problems that wouldn't allow it to do Public Folder replication) so we
lost some information from our largest contacts folder: our Customers list.
For every one of our Customer Agencies we have a separate record that holds
general agency-level information. We then have lots of individual contact
records for all the people of note at each agency. To store the worthwhile
information in this special Agency Info contact record I spent some time
making a custom form for display and created something like 20 new fields to
hold the specific info we're interested in per agency.

This custom stuff is what was lost in the server move. I did a normal backup
(using NTBackup) of the old server right before I went to work moving
Exchange, and have that backup available. The new server has been online for
over a month now, so replacing the Public Folder store isn't an option. The
main thing I want to get back is all the info stored in those custom
(user-defined) fields.

Is there a way for me to do this? If so, how?

Chris Nielsen

Systems Administrator

New Dawn Technologies