Re: Restoring an Exchange Server

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:05:31 -0800

Why not swap out the Controller and do a file system restore from backup tape?
You did backup, right?

>>> Mike@xxxxxxxxxx 03/06/02 10:57AM >>>
http://www.MSExchange.org/

We have a Win2k server, running as a domain controller as well as
housing our Exchange 2000 database.  It also holds documents, user
directories, and acts as the main server for our Antivirus Corporate
edition.

We had a raid controller fail and a whack of
system/exchange/program/data/documents all kinds of files were
corrupted.

I know need to rebuild this server somehow and I was wondering how I
would go about doing this?

My idea is to bring up another win2k server, and install exchange on it
and migrate the mailboxes over?

Has anyone had any experience with this or any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Mike Chyril, MCSE
Systems Admin
Spectra Computer Services