RE: Restore of Exchange with NT-Backup

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:36:30 -0500

You can re-direct the restore to another Exchange server. In the
NTBackup "restoring database store" window, change the server name to
the new exchange server name. You can just type it in. I assume you have
configure the new Exchange server with identical Organization name and
created a Mailbox Store with the same name as that of the failed server,
if not your redirection will not work.

Raj Periyasamy
Systems Administrator
MCSE(Messaging), CCNA