Restore of Exchange with NT-Backup

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 03:32:29 -0700

Hello all,

I have the following: My exchangeserver crashed. The harddisk with Server
2003 Enterprise and Exchange 2003 installed broke down. I have a
backupfile of the informationstore created with the Exchangeclient in
NTbackup. Now I have reinstalled my server. It has the same domain, but a
different name and a different diskconfiguration. When I try to restore
Exchange it automaticly tries to restore to the old server. But this does
not exist anymore and I cannot restore it to the new server. Is there a
way to bypass this? I also thought that when I manage to get the offline
databasefiles I can extract the mailboxes so that I at least have the
mail. But these files are in the BKF file and I cannot restore it to an
alternate location. Does anybody know a tool which I can use to extract
the files? Hope someone can help me.

With kind regards,