RE: Restore Mailbox

  • From: manju <manjunatha.bn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:55:38 +0530

hi sorry for delayed resopnse,

you can try these simple methods on a test pc first before applying
onto production server.

back up everything including DS and EXCHANGE and any other running
applications, for backup.

to rename your your domain use following link take some time to
understand the contents

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/996741d8-28e4-4d20-9949-8f17fb9d3cfd.mspx
you might be having some questions like

what will change for a user?
what will change for existing applications?
what will change for administring the AD?
what will or may change from on organizational view?

the article should give you some idea.

and you can download DOMAIN RENAME TOOL from support.Microsoft.com to do
renaming automatically.

and on exchange domain you need to decide if you want keep old mail
address or to go with new one.

if you want to go with new email domain create new RUS and apply it to
exchange organisation.
I suggest you to keep your organisation same but not mandatory.

these are simple steps torename your domain.
no nned to backup and restore it elsewhere you will end with problems.

let me know if you face any problems.

good luck
Manju

On 9/23/05, mike <mikedampe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> thanks,
> oke,
> my current setting is windows 2000 server, using exchange server 2003 with
> domain "romans.com".  i wanna change my server with windows 2003 server
> using exchange server 2003, with new domain "arco.local".
> so, can i backup my database from "romans.com" to "arco.local" domain?
> if so, please give me the steps?
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> best regards,
> mike