Restore Exch 2000 to Exch 2003

  • From: "Ian Roberts" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:40:12 -0600

I've recently built a new server with Windows and Exchange 2003. I have an
existing server with Windows and Exchange 2000. Both are Small Business
Servers so cannot be added to an existing domain. I've backed up the
public folders and mailboxes from the Exchange 2000 server using Veritas
Backup Exec. I've re-created the user accounts on the Exchange 2003
Server. Can I restore the Exch 2000 mailboxes and public folders to the
Exch 2003 Server ??? Or do I have to do i thr long way round, ie back up
existing mailboxes to .pst files and restore them individually in the new
mailboxes ?The servers have the same name and the same domain name as the
old server will be decommissioned after. Many thanks in advance.