Response to those have problems with sticky SMTP queues

  • From: "Kim" <kdmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:10:49 -0700

I had a similiar problem on installing a new copy of Exchange 2003 back in
December.  I could not for the life of me figure out why all mail was
working except a couple of queues.  Turns out it was Symantec AV.  Just
throwing this out there for you that are having problems.  Are you running
AV on the same server as Exchange?  Try disabling the AV...it might
release the queues.  The reason I'm referencing this is because someone
noted that the queues establish connection on reboot and then bog down
again.  That was exactly what I experienced at the time I was having
problems.  Once the AV was removed everything started working properly.
If you need more info on why this happens email me for the explaination
and I'll post what I know.