RE: Resources in exchange 2000

  • From: "Lorie Gordon" <lgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:04:55 -0600

I am running Exchange 2000 and I am not familiar with 5.5 so I don?t know if
there is a difference in Public Folders.  This is what I have done:
Right Click Public Folders ?
Select ? Create new public Folder
In the Folder Contains Drop List Select ? Appointment Items
Name the folder what ever you want ? Example: 8th Floor Conference Room
Select OK
Right Click the new Calendar and select properties
Select the permissions tab
This allows you to add people from the GAL to read, write, or view the
calendar.
The way that I did this was a little different ? I set the default user to
only read access, I then gave to Secretaries full rights to the calendar.
This way if you want to schedule a meeting in this conference room, you have
to send a request to either one of the secretaries and they will schedule
for you.  I hope this answers your question.  Let me know if you need
further help with this.

Good Luck!
Lorie