RE: Requesting data pop ups in Outlook

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:41:53 -0400

"Requesting data...." could happen due to many reasons. It could be a
slow network, slow server, or poor disk performance at the Exchange
server. You need to analyze the Exchange server performance and identify
where the problem is. . As a starter, try analyzing the disk performance
for your Exchange server. Analyze the physical drives where the database
and logs are kept. Monitor the following counters,
Physical Disk \ Avg. Disk sec/Read : Avg over time should be less than
5ms over time. No spiking above 50ms.
PhysicalDisk \ Avg Disk sec/Write : Avg over time should be less than
10ms over time. No spiking above 50ms.
RPC Requests (MSExchangeIS) : Should be below 30.
Database\Log record stalls/sec : Avg should be below 10 over time. No
spikes above 100.
If the above values are considerably higher, you could be having a disk
throughput issue. I suggest referring the article below ;
Its a very detailed performance troubleshooting guide.
Raj Periyasamy
Systems Administrator
MCSE(Messaging), CCNA