Requesting data from the Exchange server

  • From: "Dan Vanden Bosch" <dvandenbosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:19:04 -0700

Every couple hours our users will complain that Outlook is freezing up.
Outlook 2002 users will see a box pop up saying "Requesting data from the
Exchange server." I notice that when this occurs, the Exchange server's
hard drive activity lights are on, so there's a lot of disk activity.

This anamoly will sometimes occur around the same time the following event
occurs on the Exchange server's application log:

Event ID: 1000
Type: Error
Source: Userenv
and returned a failure status error code of (1208).

I'm not sure if the periodic Exchange slow down is because of hardware or
because of that error.

I welcome any advice or suggestions. My plan is to first try adding memory
to the server.