Re: Requesting Data from Microsoft Exchange Server

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:36:46 -0500

That message is often evidence of a latency problem.  What are your ping
times?  If you get over 100 milliseconds that behavior is quite the norm,
unfortunately.  Ideally you want to remote to a system there and check the
ping and tracrt back to your server as well as to them from your location.

Pathping is also a nice tool for this, but if it's latency, unless you can
decrease the latency, you are likely to see the problem continue until you
upgrade.

Outlook 2003 using cached mode masks this issue, but that's an upgrade to
E2K3 on the backend as well to leverage the function..