RE: Requesting Data from MS Exchange Server

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:11:02 -0500

I have seen this problem in Outlook 2002, only Outlook 2002 has this
feature of displaying "Retrieving data..." while the connection is slow
or for any other reason. However, our network is quite stable, and this
message appears very randomly. I don't think it has anything to do with
the large message size, because the message is stored in the server
Information store, Outlook is just trying to open the message from the
store. I have seen this message, even when there is no new messages in
my Inbox. It's very random, some times if I just click on New Message, I
have to wait till this popup closes. To me it definitely sounds like
some bug in either Exchange 2000 or Outlook XP.

Shanmuga Raj Periyasamy   (Raj)
Infineum, Linden NJ
Information Technology