[ExchangeList] Repeating Emails

  • From: "Rich Gallo" <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:55:39 -0500

Hey All,

I wanted to know if anyone has ever come across this problem.  Been scouring
the net like crazy and not coming up with anything solid.

Every now and again, I have users telling me they are receiving MANY copies of
the same message form the same sender (known senders in all cases).  Looking at
things from my end, server side, it’s as if Exchange is “rejecting” the email,
requesting another copy form the sending server, and still delivering each
instance of the copy to the recipient on my end.  The cycle doesn’t end until I
block the sender in he spam filter to stop the message in its tracks before it
hits my Exchange server again.  I don’t know what to do here..pulling my hair
out… ANY HELP at all is GREATLY appreciated!!

Rich Gallo

Network Administrator

Lloyd Staffing

PS, it’s Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 2003 Standard, SP1….

PM