• From: "Jim Origel" <jim.origel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:46:35 +0200

This primarily for Mark Fugatt if he gets a chance but I am hoping to
gage any Exchange 2000 expert for the possible solution.  Mark many
thanks on the phone yesterday.  I was able to recreate the streaming log
file but it seems my private information has suffered some damage and
unfortunately I do not have a good backup to go back to since I am
trying to convince management to purchase the best backup solution
possible.  Well I wanted to know if there were any eseutil with switch
options I could use to repair the information store since now the
Outlook 2000 clients can read the store but many message and contact
items error out with "Unable to open this item" which suggests to me IS
corruption or damage.  Any hints would be helpful.  I plan to read the
MS article Mark suggested in detail to rerun the repair but make a good
backup first.  Has anyone had a similar experience where the STORE
services stops and the IS dismounts because the disk runs out of space.
I managed to recreate a new STM file per Mark's instruction but suffered
some IS damage on the process.