Renaming a mailbox

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:48:25 -0800

I am on Exchange 2000 and running Outlook XP on my clients.  I created a
new user account in AD and a mailbox with the name I was provided.  Now
I found out that instead of "John" he goes by "Jack" and wants his email
to show up as Jack.  I renamed the account in AD to Jack, but emails
still show up as John.  Short of deleting/recreating the mailbox, how
can I set that mailbox to display Jack instead of John?  I looked in the
Exchange System and didn't see an option to rename the mailbox.  I also
did a knowledgebase search on Msft's website, but didn't get any hits.
:-(

TIA,

eric