[ExchangeList] Re: Renaiming physical mailbox in Exchange 2003

  • From: "Tom Kern" <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:41:27 -0400

I don't think it matters because I think AD uses the msExchMailboxGuid attribute to associate the mailbox to the user.
Just a shot in the dark...

On 9/14/06, Jensen, Douglas <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Email addresses are independent of the mailbox name.

The mailbox name is not the alias but appears to me to be the same name as the Display Name. The Alias is what gets attached to the domain name to form the email address if you have the system do that part automatically.

The Display Name in the General tab for Properties for the User in Active Directory Users and Computers is the name that shows up as the Mailbox Name. It takes a while to synchronize but the change does happen. That is also the name that shows up in the Global Address List.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax (952) 402-9815