Removing Exchange 2000 from AD

  • From: "tim kitzmiller" <tkitzmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:38:16 -0600

Luckily this problem is on my test network! I tried an evaluation product
on my Exch2000 box. When I removed the product it hosed the Exchange
installation. The virtual drive didn't show up and though users still
showed mailboxes I couldn't remove them. I finally rebuilt my mail server
and followed Microsofts Q paper on removing Exchange from Active
Directory. When I install Exch2000 on the rebuilt server it only shows the
Exchange task of enabling Instant Messager and nothing to do with creating
user mailboxes. The Exchange server is a standalone and there is one DC.
Any ideas (besides rebuilding the DC).