[ExchangeList] Re: Remove exchange...failed hardware

  • From: "Tee Darling" <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:39:17 -0400

Here is the MS article that shows you how to perform the removal of an Exchange server 2000/2003 from Active Directory.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273478

Good luck!

TD

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Phil Marcum <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can someone point me to the article or articles that discuss removing Exchange 2003 after the hardware fails? From what I'm told Exchange 2003 SP2 was recently installed but the drives on the server died shortly thereafter. So there's nothing to salvage or recover. The new server is on different hardware so I need to remove this current instance from Active Directory before moving forward with a completely new install of Exchange 2003.
Any responses appreciated.