[ExchangeList] Re: Remove Admin Group and domain

  • From: Jason Sherry <Jason.Sherry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:04:57 -0600

You can’t break a child away from its parent (domain); they are tied to the root domain for config & schema naming context replication.

The best option is to create a new domain/forest and use ADMT to migrate the accounts.  Then setup Exchange in the new forest and do a cross-forest migration of the mailboxes.

Jason Sherry - http://jasonsherry.org
Technology Strategist, MCSE: M, Microsoft Exchange MVP