RE: Removal of Exchange Server 2003

  • From: "Militello, John" <jmilitello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:01:49 -0400

I had the same problem with E2k. I spent the 245.00. I was instructed to
do a LDP query on the Domain controllers. This verified that there where
no mailboxes left ( except System type ). I then had to insure that the
public folders where moved and re-homed. If this was the first Exchange
server then the public folder system folders need to be moved / synced.
Once you are sure these are synced up ( had trouble with the system
config folder, I was unable to get it to completely move but it was
synced up with the other server) MS instructed me to use system manager
to delete the server. I followed q article 307917 for most of the
procedure. All seemed to work at this point.

Good luck,

John Militello

Wilmorite Property Management, LLC

Rochester, NY