Remote Outlook client access to exchange

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:44:01 -0600

I have an exchange 2k server installed on a win2k server
in a 2k AD enviroment. On the exchange server I have a
spamfilter program installed GFI mailessentials.

Locally my clients connect to exchange server and use it
to send & receive e-mail. When they send e-mail the
receipients e-mail address is added to the approved list
(whitelist.

Remotely I have a few clients, who connect via their ISP
and I have set them up to download their e-mail via POP3
and send e-mail using their ISP's smtp server.

How do I setup the clients so they connect to the server
with outlook to get all the features (send, receive,
calendar etc.). Is their a method where in the client I
sent it up to connect to my exchange server via internet
on port "whatever" then setup dns for example
myserver.mydomain.com is what they connect to?

I need the remote client to use my e-mail server to send e-mail and not
the way I have it pressently setup, for the spamfilter to work correctly.

Thank you for any help

Paul