RE: Remote Delegation

  • From: "William T. Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:56:25 -0500

If by remote delegation you mean allow person X to send as or read user
Y's maibox, then sure.  You need to have a wokstation set up with the
Windows 2000 admin tools, then you need to install the Exchange
Administrative Tools from the Exchange 2000 install disks.
After these two steps are complete, Start Active Directory Users and
Computers. Next go the the View Menu and Select Advanced Features. Next
selcet the User who's mailbox you want to delegate.Select the Exchange
Advance Tab. Then Click on the Mailbox Rights button. You can then set
the appropriate permissions on the mailbox.