RE: Relocation of SMTP Service to a UNIX box

  • From: Dan HINCKLEY <danslists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:26:07 +0100

In ES2003: System Manager/Administrative Groups/Servers/Protocols/SMTP/Default Server ---> Properties/Delivery/Advanced/Smart Host, and put the smart host FQDN or IP in [ ] in that field.

At 15:08 1/19/2005, you wrote:

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi Deshwal,

i use the Default SMTP Virtual Server and on the general tab on the
connector there is no place where i can check "Forward all maul through this connector to the following smart host".

Please could you help me reconfirm where i can enable this

Best regards

From: "Deshwal, Chand" <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Relocation of SMTP Service to a UNIX box
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:12:55 +0530

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Open Exchange System Manager - Administrative Tools - Your
Administrative Group - Connectors. Select the SMPT server, which you
want to forward e-mails to Unix Server. Right clik - Properties. On the
General Tab, click on "Forward all maul through this connector to the
following smart host". Type IP Address of your Unix Server in braces
like [10.10.10.10]. Click OK.

Well, Sendmail is OK. But, its bit difficult to integrate it with
Spamassassin and Amavis. I would advise using Postfix along with
Spamassassin and Amavis (Content Filter).

Click on the links for more information on Configuring a Mailing Gateway
using Postfix.

http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/wiki/index.php

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/

http://www.postfix.org/docs.html