RE: Relocation of SMTP Service to a UNIX box

  • From: "Deshwal, Chand" <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:12:55 +0530

Open Exchange System Manager - Administrative Tools - Your
Administrative Group - Connectors. Select the SMPT server, which you
want to forward e-mails to Unix Server. Right clik - Properties. On the
General Tab, click on "Forward all maul through this connector to the
following smart host". Type IP Address of your Unix Server in braces
like [10.10.10.10]. Click OK.

Well, Sendmail is OK. But, its bit difficult to integrate it with
Spamassassin and Amavis. I would advise using Postfix along with
Spamassassin and Amavis (Content Filter).

Click on the links for more information on Configuring a Mailing Gateway
using Postfix.

http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/wiki/index.php

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/

http://www.postfix.org/docs.html