Relaying Problem

  • From: Harinder Singh <harinders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: " Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:26:39 +0530

Hi

Here is the Setup.

4 Exchange 5.5 sites connected through IMC.

                                                     |-- Site3

Internet ------Site 1-------Site 2------  |
                                             |-- Site4

Site 3 & 4  are configured to forward all mails to Site 2.

Site 2  Configured to Route mails to site 1,3 & 4 Respectively.

Site1 is connected to the internet Cloud & all External Mails of the
organization enter &  exit through the site1.

I manage the site 2 .Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Win2K SP 4.I was
implementing VPN on the Exchange server .Added a Global IP on the Server &
checked the VPN.Every thing works fine but the server becomes an open Relay
.In IMC on the routing tab I checked Hosts & Clients with these IP addresses
& Left it blank .Now the Server no longer relays but the problem is sites 3
& 4 are unable to send internet mails .Users get error 550 unable to Relay.
Even adding the IP address of Site 3 & 4  Servers in Hosts & Clients with
these IP box has not helped.

Pls Help.

Thanks
Harry