RE: Relay problem

  • From: "Richard Pettigrew" <Richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:16:26 -0000

I recall have a similar problem before when using the POP3/SMTP mail
delivery method with Exchange Server.

I discovered (with Outlook Express anyway) that you must check the POP3
Virtual Server Authentication properties. I think it is set to :
Integrated Windows Authentication by default.

To authenticate, you must specify in Outlook/OExpress the username as:

username@servername - for example richard@hal01

I may be barking up the wrong tree but try this.