Relay problem

  • From: "Christian Kurmann" <ckurmann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:25:18 +0100

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with some Internet freemail accounts.

I have an exchange2000 sp2 setup.

Some of our workers complain that they can't reply to emails that are
sent to their exchange Mailbox.
This problem only occurs when the people use Internet Email, and send
the reply or mail from there.
If they use the OWA or the normal MS exhange Server Email, there is no
problem. It also only happens with some adresses not with all. I haven't
knowingly blocked any Email adresses or providers.

The Error message is (translated from Germann)
"the message could not be sent because the recipient was refused by the
server. Server answer: "550 5.7.1 unable to relay for
reby_g@xxxxxxxxxxx", (account: "domainname", SMTP-Server:
"exchange.domainname.ch", error number 0x800ccc79).

Can Anyone help me out on this?

Thanks alot