Relay Restrictions

  • From: Chris Cerer <ccerer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:42:55 -0500

Ok, this should be simple, but I just can't seem to figure it out.  Running
Exchange 5.5, SP4, Relaying is turned OFF (using the "hosts and clients with
these ip addresses" check box checked and the box blank).  Now I have a
Canon multifunction device on the network with smtp email capability.  The
device cannot send externally with the relay setting as is.  Unchecking the
box makes it work.  Leave the box checked, and enter the ip address of the
Canon to the list of hosts that can route mail - you would think it should
work, but it does not.  How do I tell Exchange to let this host route mail
through the IMC?  The rep that was here to set it up didn't know how to do
it, either.  Has anyone experienced this?

Chris Cerer