RE: Relay Nightmare

  • From: "Craig Weil" <craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:04:59 -0700

Thank you Steve,

Here are the results... seems to me that I'm not an open relay, but there are many emails that are being queued, mostly undeliverable. Again, traced the IP addresses of incoming and outgoing traffic and the only IP address on my network that is being used is the server's. It's quite puzzling.

OK, connected to ##.###.###.###...
< 220 exchange.blahblah.org Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.6713 ready at Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:59:51 -0700
HELO edit.dnsvr.com
< 250 exchange.blahblah.org Hello [69.72.176.182]
MAIL FROM:<cweil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
< 250 2.1.0 cweil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
RCPT TO:<craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
< 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Relay Nightmare
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:48:51 -0300

http://www.MSExchange.org/

That's not how you do it....you use you domain email address and see if
you can relay to other mail addresses.

Steve

Here are the results, and thanks a ton for your assistance!

OK, connected to ##.###.###.###...
< 220 exchange.blahblah.org Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
5.0.2195.6713 ready at  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:32:00 -0700
< 250 2.1.0 craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
< 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for it_mhz@xxxxxxxxxxx

>From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Relay Nightmare
>Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:18:14 -0500
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>Hi Craig,
>
>Run this http://www.zoneedit.com/smtp.html
>
>And let us know what is says.
>
>HTH,
>Tom
>www.isaserver.org/shinder <http://www.isaserver.org/shinder>
>Get the book!
>Tom and Deb Shinder's Configuring ISA Server 2004
>http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7> MVP -- ISA
>Firewalls

------------------------------------------------------ List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ ------------------------------------------------------ Other Internet Software Marketing Sites: World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com ------------------------------------------------------ You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as: steve@xxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This E-Mail is confidential. It is not intended to be read, copied, disclosed or used by any person other than the recipient named above.

Unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Optimum IT Solutions Ltd disclaims any liability for any action taken in connection of this E-Mail. The comments or statements expressed in this E-Mail are not necessarily those of Optimum IT Solutions Ltd or its subsidiaries or affiliates.

administrator@xxxxxxxxxx