Redundant Exchange System

  • From: "Lloyd Williams" <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:05:56 -0400

My management would like me to implement an Exchange system with some
sort of server redundancy.
The idea would be two separate mail servers, one being a backup of the
Mail coming into server 1 would also get stored on server 2.
Both machines would be online all the time and maybe a replication
process would run every 15 minutes that would synchronize the two.
In the event server 1 crashed, server2 would take over until server 1
could be fixed and got back on line.
From what I have read I don't think this functionality is built into
Exchange I think I would need a third party product.
Does any one have any experience with such a set up.
Lloyd Williams