Reducing Outlook 2000 polling

  • From: "Bindesh Patel" <bindesh.patel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:13:40 -0000

Hi Guys,

I need some expert help, but not sure if it is possible? We have 2 exchange
servers in our organisation at the same site and I want to reduce the email
traffic within the LAN and WAN. As opposed to email clients doing the polling
to check for mail can we can get the exchange servers to push the mail to the
client once it arrives? Or is there a way we can get outlook 200 clients to be
disconnected and to check the server say every 30mins?

a frustrated admin!!!  :-/

This e-mail, and any attachments, has been checked by us for computer
viruses.  Although none have been detected we cannot guarantee that it
is completely free from such problems and we do not accept any
liability for loss or damage that may be caused.  We would therefore
advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any

If you do find a computer virus please inform us immediately by e-
mailing administrator@xxxxxxxxxxx so that we may take appropriate

The contents and attachments are intended solely for the addressee and
are confidential.   If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be
taken, in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
e-mail immediately, and delete the message from your computer without
making any copies.