RE: Red Cross Marks in IIS

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:59:54 -0800

The red x on each of the folders you mention are normal and are the result
of the IIS/WWW services starting prior to exchange.
Most people ignore them, as they are only cosmetic.

If they really annoy you...

You could stop/start the default web site, then view the properties of each
folder and the red x will disappear until the next reboot.

Or you could change the dependencies of the services for startup.
Save following to a reg file and run on the exchange server:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

See the following KB for more information: